A little while back I was on a Jason Swenk podcast where we discussed selling a business. I talked about building Spunlogic from two guys in a dorm room to selling to Engauge ten years later, and then building Engauge for five years until we sold that business last August.
Jason does a great job and I was really happy with how the podcast turned out. Some of the notes from the chat:
What are some keys to keeping your business growing?
- You need to have at least one leader focused on growth.
- Invest back into the business and keep your salary low.
- Learning to delegate is key to growing. Give power to your team.
- Build a culture where people want to have fun. Start a company trip to bring everyone together.
- Commit 100% to growing.
What are two pieces of advice when selling your business?
- Don’t get distracted when you go through the selling process.
- If you get to the stage of talks about buying, treat it like it won’t happen.
Check out the podcast for more. Thanks, Jason!