Quora is a great source of information, both via asking questions and pure discovery. For instance, I asked, What one thing more than any other makes a company “great”? If you have any thoughts on THAT, please submit an answer!
I was browsing this weekend and came up on a submission for, “What are some of the most mind-blowing facts?”. Here are some of the ones I thought were the most incredible:
- The time difference between when Stegosaurus and Tyrannosaurus lived is greater than the time difference between Tyrannosaurus and now.
- If you properly shuffle a deck of cards, in all likelihood, the resulting deck has never been seen before in the history of the world.
- There is a species of jellyfish that is immortal (turritopsis nutricula).
- If you could fold a piece of paper in half 50 times, its thickness will be 3/4 the distance from the Earth to the Sun (71 million miles).
- Over 3 billion people live on less than $2.50 a day (in USD using purchasing parity power), roughly half of the world’s population.